Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Treats for Abbey

I first made these treats for my little brother in law's dog Simba. And Simba was absolutely bananas over them, so I decided there was another special doggy that would want some of these as well. That doggy is Abbey Jones from Seattle. Abbey is just about the sweetest dog you can imagine and best behaved too -mostly inpart to her owner, or should I say, her Mom Marisa.

These treats are biscuit like but they do not fluff up like a biscuit when you bake them, nor do they spread out like cookies. So when you are scooping the dough keep in mind that, that is the size & shape in which the "biscuit" will end up in. I used a rounded teaspoon the second batch around. I learned my lesson with the first batch that ended up looking like, what can only be described as, dog poo pile biscuits. Not very appealing but Simba didn't mind.

Peanut Butter & Cheese Biscuits
Source: Jill's Mom

Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbs peanut butter
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg white
1 Tbs chicken broth

Preheat oven to 400FMix flour and milk until lumpy. Add peanut butter and broth. Mix in parmesan cheese. Add egg white, mix well. Add baking powder. Pour onto greased cookie sheet, making 2" drops (recommend smaller). Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool. Keep in airtight container.

*I keep Simba's in the refrigerator but I think they could probably be stored at room temperature but I don't think they would last as long. Oh and one last picture of Abbey being oh so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment